Sunday, February 21, 2010

Movie - Shutter Island


This was an interesting film starring Leonardo DiCaprio. He play a US Marshall who goes with his partner Mark Ruffalo to an island where the criminally insane are kept to investigate a disappearance. Apparently, there is more going on than meets the eye. I was engrossed in the movie but I don't think it is his best work. It's not really a scary movie, but sort of a mystery movie. It's a good movie to see, but not really a date type movie.
I did notice one error. It is set in 1952, I believe, and Leonardo mentioned in one scene that there were no electronics in the room at the prison. Electronics only came about when transistors were invented and became in widespread use. I believe that was in the early 60's. Right after he said it, it sounded as if he realized it, but they keep that in and did not correct it. I think the word he was looking for was electrics.


My rating is 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment