Friday, December 18, 2009

AMC Theatres

Recently, someone at AMC decided that they needed to implement reserved seating at the Century City Los Angeles location. This is a bad idea.

The average person goes to 4 movies a year. I see 4-6 per week! This is a bad idea. I don't want to pick my seat from the lobby, I want to go in, see who is there and decide where I want to sit. This is an American right! I go to the movies in the morning and typically they have maybe 3-20 people in there and they may have 400 seats. Who needs reserved seating! What if you are a girl and you pick a seat and later when the movie starts and one more person comes in and happens to pick the seat next to you. This needs to stop.

Movies theatres make their money at the concession stand. The first two weekends a movie is out, almost all of the ticket sales goes to the studio so the theatre has to sell popcorn and soda to make any money. Boycott the concession stand, show them you don't want reserved seating.

Reserve the American right to sit where you want to. Call AMC customer service at 877-262-4450 and voice your opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment