Thursday, December 24, 2009

Me & Orson Wells

I'm not much for period pieces and unless you are, I would probably skip this. I was bored out of my mind. Christian Kay did an excellent job as Orson and Claire Danes and Zac Efron were good too. It's just the overall movie was boring. Too many items did not add up and I question the set designers too.

At the second scene in the movie, Zac buys some roasted in-the-shell peanuts from a street vendor. Then in the third scene he is tossing them into the air and catching them in his mouth. Obviously you need to shell them first, but that was not seen nor did it appear to be intended. He was walking along, pulling them from the bag and tossing them in the air.

The other thing that did not match up seemed to be the costumes from the play Orson was making. It was Caesar, yet the costumes appears to be from the Confederate army days. Did not match at all. They should have been wearing togas!

I will give this 2 out of 5 stars, if only for the performance of Christian Kay.

No comments:

Post a Comment