Saturday, December 26, 2009

Nine

Hello....Wake up Mr. Marshall. Why did you put a loser character in the title role. No offense to Daniel Day-Lewis, whom I thought did an excellent job. We need movies with a strong main character who has their shit together! I'm tired of seeing films with loser main characters. Speaking of which, I'm planning to see Crazy Heart soon, and it has the same problem.

This film has more stars than anything in recent memory. Kudos to the producer who was able to pull it off even with all those big ego's and demanding tirades.

What's with all the smoking! This is setting a bad example. It would not have changed anything if no one smoked.

First and foremost, Fergie and Penelope Cruz did excellent musical routines, which was the main reason why I went anyway. I never did see Chicago but I was engrossed in the trailer for Nine enough to see the whole film. I also enjoyed the music and the other routines too. I really liked Kate Hudson's silver musical outfit but it didn't look like she was really the one singing. The story, on the other hand, was boring. If not for the musical routines, this would have received no stars. I will give it 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment